Required Skills and Background Knowledge:
– For this paper, outstanding knowledge in Project Management and Microsoft
PowerPoint is required. This includes designing professional consulting slides to present
Project Charter, Project Organization, WBS, PERT Method, Gantt Chart, Risk Assessment,
and Matrix, Risk Portfolio.
– Knowledge in construction projects, modular approach needed.
Please only apply if you can meet the requirements for this really demanding task.
You were hired as Head of the Novo Nordisk Engineering’s (NNE) Fast Factory
Construction Team, responsible for the conception and realization of the first Fast Factory
(24 months) to be built for Novo Nordisk. One of your first assignments is to develop a
project plan for this project, considering (but not limited to) the information provided in the
Therefore, for this project, …
1. Develop the Project Charter. (includes Determine two SMART objectives of the project,
integrate availabilities of core team members, restrictions/budget)
2. Develop a comprehensive Work Breakdown Structure. (activity-based)
3. Develop a Project Organization (include names)
4. Establish a Project Activity Network (PERT Method) and answer the question: “What
project duration will lead to a probability of project completion of 80%?”
5. Establish a Gantt Chart displaying at least 4 milestone entries (in addition to kick-off
meeting and final presentation) and the project activities.
6. Develop the risk management instruments (Risk Assessment Matrix with description of
risks and reasons for likelihood and impacts of risks, Risk Portfolio and required
· NOTE 1: Objectives, Work Breakdown Structure, Gantt chart, Project Activity Network,
Project Organization, and all other documents need to be consistent and must not
contradict each other. This requirement is an essential evaluation criterion.
· NOTE 2: The mentioned project management tools (questions 1-8) are to be
established using the presentation program MS-PPT (professional consulting slides,
please match with the company´s style). The slides must be self- explanatory.
Additional explanations are not required, the ppt-presentation is sufficient.
· NOTE 3: Use the internet for additional information regarding the topic and the company.
Regarding the approach for setting up and implementing such a project, use available
additional literature. List your sources at the end of your paper and refer to the sources
in footnotes (also on the slides)! The quality of the literature review is an essential part
of the evaluation.
Support (Solution Proposals and hints from various case studies, please consider the applied
1) SMART objectives
2) Project Charter
3) Project Organization
4) Develop a comprehensive Work Breakdown Structure
5) Gantt Chart
6) Develop the risk management instruments (Risk Assessment Matrix with
description of risks and reasons for likelihood and impacts of risks, Risk
Portfolio and required actions).