ASD Overview and Interventions PowerPoint Presentation Assignment Instructions
As a pervasive disability, the manifestation of ASD includes impacts in areas of social, behavioral, and communication skills. Specific characteristics require evidence-based supports to address needs in related areas. It is important that educators can identify key characteristics and current trends to support the needs of students with ASD. You will create a presentation outlining your research on ASD characteristics and appropriate interventions.
Create a professional PowerPoint presentation appropriate for a teacher audience that addresses specific strategies and interventions to increase communication skills for students with autism. The presentation must include slides outlining the following key elements:
· Definition and characteristics of ASD
· Etiology of ASD
· ASD current facts
· Common Social Characteristics of Children with Autism
· Three Strategies/Interventions to Address Social Deficits
· Common Behavioral Characteristics of Children with Autism
· Three Strategies/Interventions to Address Behavioral Deficits
· Common Communication Characteristics of Children with Autism
· Three Strategies/Interventions to Address Communication Deficits
· Summary Slide
· Reference Slide
The final assignment should:
· Contain a minimum of 12 slides, including reference slide but excluding title slide.
· Include typed narration containing 75-100 words per slide in the ‘Notes section’.
· Include at least one visual to support the main points.
· Follow all current APA formatting guidelines.
· Cite a minimum of five sources.
· Acceptable references include the course text, online resources, and scholarly works no more than five years old.