· Review the Resources and reflect on your thinking regarding the role of the nurse in the design and implementation of new healthcare programs.
· Select a healthcare program within your practice and consider the design and implementation of this program.
· Reflect on advocacy efforts and the role of the nurse in relation to healthcare program design and implementation.
The Assignment: (2–4 pages)
In a 2- to 4-page paper, create an interview transcript of your responses to the following interview questions:
· Tell us about a healthcare program, within your practice. What are the costs and projected outcomes of this program?
· Who is your target population?
· What is the role of the nurse in providing input for the design of this healthcare program? Can you provide examples?
· What is your role as an advocate for your target population for this healthcare program? Do you have input into design decisions? How else do you impact design?
· What is the role of the nurse in healthcare program implementation? How does this role vary between design and implementation of healthcare programs? Can you provide examples?
· Who are the members of a healthcare team that you believe are most needed to implement a program? Can you explain why?