When building relationships with parents one of the most important parts is ensuring that you are creating an environment that is safe and inviting for their children. You will develop a classroom management plan that considers the diverse needs of your students and how to create an environment that is safe and inviting. You will want to make sure you consider students with ADHD, Gifted students, students with Learning Disabilities, English as a Second Language Students, students with Autism, as well as any other student that needs special placement in your classroom.
Make a presentation using PowerPoint or another presentation software tool such as Google Presentations (http://docs.google.com/present/create) that you can present to parents as an overview of your classroom. Include the following:
1. map out the classroom environments
2. describe your routines
3. describe the importance of creating a safe environment
4. describe your classroom rules
5. describe your behavior plan
6. describe the motivation you will use to encourage learning in your classroom.
This assignment aligns with the Council for Exceptional Children’s (CEC) Professional Standards, specifically the following:
· Beginning special education professionals understand how exceptionalities may interact with development and learning and use this knowledge to provide meaningful and challenging learning experiences for individual with exceptionalities (CEC Standard 1)
· Create safe, inclusive, culturally responsive learning environments to engage individuals with exceptionalities in meaningful learning activities and social interactions (CEC Standard 2).
· Use motivational and instructional interventions to teach individuals with exceptionalities how to adapt to different environments (CEC Standard 2).
· Understand and use general and specialized content knowledge for teaching across curricular content areas to individualize learning for individuals with exceptionalities (CEC Standard 3).
· Use multiple types of assessment information in making decisions about individuals with exceptionalities (CEC Standard 4).
· Select, adapt, and use a repertoire of evidence-based instructional strategies to advance learning of individuals with exceptionalities (CEC Standard 5).
· Use theory and elements of effective collaboration (CEC Standard 7).
· Serve as a collaborative resource to colleagues (CEC Standard 7).
· Use collaboration to promote the well-being of individuals with exceptionalities across a wide range of settings and collaborators (CEC Standard 7).