DNP Role Development
WEEK 4 DISCUSSION
Address two (2) of the following discussion questions: one related to Clinical Scholarship (1-4) and one related to Information Systems/Technology (5-8)
1. What is the role of the DNP graduate in Clinical Scholarship?
2. Discuss the distinction in scholarship between the practice doctorates in nursing versus the research doctorate.
3. What are barriers that inhibit your use of evidence in the clinical settings? What strategies might you employ to overcome these barriers?
4. How do the EBP models promote quality care in the clinical practice setting?
5. Discuss the application of information systems/technology in supporting and improving outcomes in populations, systems and policy.
6. Do you think nursing has embraced information technologies?
7. How do you currently utilize information technologies in your nursing practice?
8. Discuss the emerging role of the DNP prepared informaticist. What unique skills will the DNP studies bring to nursing informatics?
WEEK 4 ASSIGNMENT
Instructions: Information Literacy Narrative Self-Reflection (2 PAGES).
This narrative self-reflection is a one time assignment that you will complete at the end of the Information Literacy Units
1. Similar to other self-reflections, the information literacy self-reflections are a qualitative component that offer an exploration of lessons learned and reflective contemplation that is an important component of the doctoral candidate’s development as a researcher. (Minimum of two (2) pages). Since this is a personal reflection, you do not need to use APA formatting including the title page. If you cite a reference you should include a reference page.
QUESTION: Please use the below to guide your Information Literacy Narrative Self-Reflection:
1. Reflect on the purpose of information literacy and research as a DNP candidate and future advanced practice nurse.
2. Describe your personal information literacy process and changes that may have occurred during this process. Consider new resources, concepts, or steps that you may have learned.
3. What strengths have you developed related to information literacy?
4. Identify any areas needing improvement relative to information literacy based on completion of this module.
WEEK 5 DISCUSSION
I need this in 600 words. I also need multiple resources to answer the questions, with in-text citations of all resources used. Resources must also be within the last 5 years.
Discuss two (2) of the following areas this week in the discussion board:
1. Discuss the impact the doctoral prepared APRN on the legislative process and health care policy?
2. Identify an area of policy that you find interesting. How will you work to get involved to show leadership and affect change in this area?
3. Describe effective communication techniques and how do you employ effective communication and collaborative skills?
4. What are the challenges and opportunities in forming a healthcare coalition?
5. Discuss workforce and regulatory issues that affect interprofessional collaboration in the clinical setting.
6. In what ways can you improve interprofessional collaboration in your setting?
7. How can your experience with a mentor improve your ability to mentor others?