For this assignment, assume you are a compensation analyst in a large financial services company. You have been in your role for almost a year. At your
weekly one-on-one with your boss, she tells you that the human resources representatives at the company are fielding a number of questions from
employees and applicants about compensation. The human resource representatives’ knowledge of compensation is not deep.
She asks that you prepare and deliver a 10- to 15-minute PowerPoint presentation (10–15 slides) at an upcoming departmental meeting that provides basic
information about what is going on in the compensation field today. Specifically she wants you to address compensation strategies that companies employ,
note three of their best compensation practices, and examine three compensation challenges today’s companies are facing.
Develop and deliver a 10–15 minute audio PowerPoint presentation (10 to 15 slides) in which you:
1. Analyze the compensation strategies companies use to attract and retain talent.
2. Determine three best compensation practices used by companies.
-Be sure to provide your rationale for selecting these best practices as opposed to others.
3. Examine three compensation-related challenges companies face.
-Be sure to provide your rationale for selecting these compensation challenges as opposed to others.
4. Explain what discretionary benefits are and how companies use them to benefit the company and its stakeholders.
5. Examine how laws, labor unions, and market factors impact companies’ compensation strategies and practices.
6. Deliver a succinct, engaging, and informative presentation on compensation strategies, best practices, and challenges.
-Note: Be sure to include additional detail about what you will say as you deliver your presentation on the notes pages in PowerPoint.
7. Integrate at least three quality resources using in-text citations and a reference page in your assignment.
-Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
8. Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
-This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the lefthand menu of your course.
-Use a readable size font (24 pt or above) on your slides. For your slide notes, the preferred method is to use Times New Roman font (size 12).
-Include a title slide containing the assignment title, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The title slide is not included in the
required number of slides.
-Include a source list slide. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The source list slide is not included in the required number of slides.