Instructions: Complete the following short essay questions. While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. Use the textbook and additional resources to complete the assignment and to support responses. Submit this worksheet at the end of Topic 4.
1. Compare and contrast behavioral, social-cognitive, and cognitive theories of development.
2. Using ethological theory, explain why insecurely attached babies will probably have more relationship problems in life compared to securely attached children.
3. Compare and contrast Piaget’s first three stages of cognitive development.
4. Use Baumrind’s theory to show how parenting styles and discipline intersect.
5. Compare and contrast how preschoolers and school-aged children cope with divorce. Examine the best options for custody.
6. Using physical and cognitive arguments, explain how adolescence and emerging adulthood differ from each other.
7. Explain how Baumrind’s theory can be used to stave off some of the problems of adolescence, including teenage pregnancy, juvenile delinquency, and substance abuse.
8. Using the theories of Erikson, Marcia, and Ginsberg, explain how an adolescent and an emerging adult can be guided toward selecting a suitable career.